DevOps Engineer, DefenseStorm
David is a Principal Engineer for the Observability group at Workday. For the last 5 years, he has been focusing on helping building a monitoring infrastructure designed support the ever growing and diversifying Workday ecosystem.
Talk Title: How to Cut Through the White Noise and Improve Reaction Time to Real Problems
In this talk you will learn:
- Why alert fatigue is dangerous
- How we can solve it
- Sensu core components
- Round robin subscriptions
- Check dependencies
- Check hooks (not strictly alert fatigue but auto triage can really help in general)
- Sensu community components
- auto remediation: use the handler not hooks
- External tools for on call management and paging (such as pagerduty)
- General tuning
- Reduction in noise in alerting (as opposed to monitoring)
DefenseStorm's Eric Heydrick covers how Sensu Plugins community project has evolved throughout the years, how plugins benefits Sensu users, ...
Sign up for updates
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to get product updates about Sensu.